PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2013, 22:59
G-F0RC3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4. Do I need to have any flying experience to apply for the Future Pilot Programme?

No. While some flying experience would be valuable, you do not need to have had any experience before you apply to the Future Pilot Programme. However, you must not hold a Commercial Pilot’s Licence or higher, or have commenced an integrated course of flight training, if you wish to apply for the programme.

5. Can I complete a shorter course if I already have a PPL?

No. All cadet pilots on the Future Pilot Programme will complete the full course of training as offered by the selected FTO, and no reductions in flying syllabi etc are available.
Stating that "flying experience would be valuable", whilst simultaneously suggesting that too much flying experience will hinder, would be illogical. I think they realised this when they removed such an arbitrary hour limit for PPL holders who wished to apply; that preventing the most experienced PPL candidates is clearly a poor decision. No legal stumbling blocks - as exist with those who have undertaken CPL examinations - exist for applicants who hold a PPL.