PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2013, 21:26
WX Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps not the best example to use because it plays on homophobic stereotypes. Better example would have been gained by spending about 5 seconds of my life using google, rather than than the 60 seconds it took me to come up with that!

Such as:

Cardiovascular disease is so prevalent that all businesses are likely to have employees who suffer from, or may develop, this condition. Research shows that between 50-80% of all people who suffer a heart attack are able to return to work. However, this may not be possible if they have previously been involved in heavy physical work. In such cases, it may be possible to move the employee to lighter duties, with appropriate retraining where necessary. Similarly, high-pressure, stressful work, even where it does not involve physical activity, should also be avoided. Human Resources managers should be aware of the implications of job roles for employees with a cardiac condition.

THEREFORE: Physical or stressful work may bring on a heart attack.

- true, false, or can't tell?
That was pretty similar to the thing used by Jet2 recently.

Interestingly, the psychology behind these sorts of verbal reasoning test would discriminate against anyone who doesn't have a perfect command of English. You'd have to be native or very, very fluent to do well in these tests. They are difficult.

I also believe there's no real way of preparing for them!

Be interested to know if that really is the kind of thing that EZY are using.