PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Strikebreakers!
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2003, 02:42
MAMPOWER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF StrikeBreaker?????????

I am currently a Sydney based MAM casual who was called late yesterday afternoon from QF HR asking, if I was available on the weekend for a 1 day 747 saftety Training day, & available next week to do 2-3 day international flying.

Most of the MAM casuals I have spoken too (including myself) have reluctantly accepted the offer for several reasons;

Firstly, the lack of hours this month has proven to be very financially challenging. Most of us have less than 10 hours for the month, and it is now the 21st of the month with multiple bills to pay without another source of income!!!!

Secondly, most of us are trying to secure a full time permanent position with QF & feel that if we do not support the company now, then we may be jeopordising a future full time postion.

Thirdly, Some of the MAM casuals are currently on a short list to secure fulltime employment in Perth for the new Short Haul base, and are due to hear the outcome early next week. Again not a good situation to be faced with as saying "no" to Qantas may adversely effect the outcome of their application.

I am sure that you can appreciate the terrible situation facing MAM casuals. We do not want to go against our fellow Flight Attendants, but at the same time do NOT want to jeopordise our own futures. MAM Casuals are "damed if we take it & damned if we don't"

We are not scabbs!!!!! We are merely honest hard working people who simply have been placed in a terrible situation and wanting to do the right thing for all, especially ourselves.

And we should not forget the most important stakeholder who will be effected by the stop work meeting........our PASSENGERS!!!!!

I hope this will make people see the other side of the situation!