PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seville San Pablo (LEZL)
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2013, 21:12
116d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FR8364
In the past (until 2011), there were flights with Ryanair to Liverpool (4x>2x), Bristol (2x) and East Midlands (3x). LPL worked perfectly in LFs and surely on yields. Mainly used by Nothern-English and with very good schedule in the afternoon. Lots of friends took this route which has been availible from Feb. 2006 until Oct. 2011. Then RYR cut some routes in its LPL base and Seville was one of them. There had been some rumours about RYR trying to put an SVQ-MAN but no further information was known
I can vouch for the LPL-SVQ load factors. I flew on this route in August 2011 and on both the outbound and return flights it was well-loaded, even though by that time it had been cut to fly on Mondays and Fridays. As you say, the flight times were decent (left LPL 0650 and return flight departed SVQ at 1115) so very attractive for many prospective passengers.

I'm glad I flew this route when I did as I had wanted to return to Seville for some time and having this route provided me with the incentive to do it. It's a nice city and for tourism to grow it needs good air links.

SVQ is a good, alternative airport for those wanting to cross the border into Portugal or to go to Gibraltar/points east or the coast in between, so it's a shame that from the UK flight options are now limited to airports serving London. It would be interesting to know the reason why these routes were cut, in particular LPL.