PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carl Cochrane RIP
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2013, 20:45
idle stop

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thank you those of you who have posted your tributes to Carl.
A comment I made to a couple of people prompted me to write some more....
The comment was that heaven's hangar floors would be well swept from now on........!
Carl was fastidious, always well turned out personally, and he insisted on a clean and tidy operation in very aspect. Of course, the presentation of aircraft that were both well-maintained and clean as a whistle always impressed his clients....and it helped with CAA audit inspections too.
But it wasn't just the hangar that was tidy. Carl was a superb administrator, and his attention to detail helped maintain a series of successful ops audits, with generally only minor 'infractions' to deal with.
And equally importantly, he loved to fly and was a conscientious, careful and very proficient pilot, who would not let his can-do approach to life over-rule the safety of his company's passengers, or his own.
I worked with him for nearly 8 years; though I gave up my post with the company (not knowing of his illness at the time) because of disagreements with his (then) fellow directors, it did not affect our friendship.
I shall miss him.