PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rights as an Irish Contractor?
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2013, 19:01
Avenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If RYR take you to court, and they may well do, it is not the whether you win or loose it is the cost of defending the action, you may get some outfit "no win, no fee" but it is highly unlikely, RYR know this, they have their own legal people and it costs them nothing to serve you but it costs you a lot to defend it... now, for all those"just ignore it brigade", if you get an ex-partie judgement against you it is a blur on your credit rating and a swine to overturn.. unless.. yes you guessed it.. you pay up! I wonder if the boot was on the other foot and any company, not just RYR terminated a contract early, wouldn't you demand compensation.. just to add a touch of balance to the argument.. And for the LTD Company issue,, do you honestly believe the courts will swallow this? it's a " shadow directorship" and you cannot be " self employed" in a company of which you are a director.. trying to defend this is like killing your granny and then changing your name.. it's still the same old you.. probably best to try and negotiate a solution, even if it's 50 euros a month for 100 months.. this looks much better if it ends up in the dock " shows willing" Ma'lud..