PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines Flight 742 "flight control system" problems
Old 24th Apr 2013, 15:36
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Whether it be from relaxing the 'backpressure' when pulling or physically moving the c/c (or stick) forward when not, is it not the same?
Yes it is, and it's the thing you do when trying to unstall the wing. Ashling appears not to understand what the stick will do if let go when untrimmed/holding backpressure. Perhaps he is an Airbus pilot...

Originally Posted by Ashling
It's not nonsense, what is nonsense is a pilot suggesting that the correct way to recover from a stall warning in a commercial jet is to release the back pressure.
So what will happen to the stick and the AoA when I let it go (oops release the back pressure) after holding back pressure?

Handbagging at 20 paces. I just what to confirm that one of the handbaggers understands what is going on.

As for pulling to the shake sticker on a base turn! What aircraft and operation are you referring to that would advocate releasing any back pressure is an adequate response?
I can see why Confiture has left this. I did NOT say it was an adequate response. I said exactly as you did: it may well remove the warning. Well now, no stall warning: what're we gunna do now, Hoskins? Keep pushing??

Last edited by Capn Bloggs; 24th Apr 2013 at 15:41. Reason: added the bottom bit...