PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You know you have become a third rate Air Force when....
Old 24th Apr 2013, 15:08
pax britanica

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts
Excuse a non military type commenting ehre but ebven discounting for cyncism and sarcasm which we Brits are good at it is sad to read what is said about the RAF. It seems to me that after decades of British Industy and Commerce being wrecked by MBAs accountants (sorry I mean Finanace Directors or Chief Financial Officers) the same disease has finally spread to the services.
In industry it is the same- focus on all the minutae and fashionable, speak in riddles (our US cousins invented this trait but they know it is bull**** anyway) use words like accountability to hide from their own responsibilities.

Remove every tiny perk or privilege from the people who do the work while adding more and more for the peopel who 'manage',

Lose the plot on things like cutting back essential training because it is expensive but overlook the fact it is the core of what the RAF does, in fact unless there is war on it is all it does.

So I would not encourage you to all leave en masse as the 'real world' is no better and perhaps even worse.

So could we actually intercept half a dozen bears north of Scotland if the Russians got a bit frisky again or would we need to relay on the USAF and L'armee de l 'air to help out??

God luck to all of you though , you have my respect for what thats worth