PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Controlled Airspace Transits
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2013, 12:27
destinationsky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

I work at the South's "leading" regional airport (sorry, had to get that in there!) and we are always encouraging G.A pilots to visit us so they can gain a better understanding of how the airport and ATC works. As part of the visit, pilots will see behind the scenes of Ops and also head up to Southampton Tower and Solent Radar so they can ask all of those burning questions including why do I sometimes have to carry out a hold/orbit and what information do you really need to pass over the R/T to guarantee a zone transit etc. Its your opportunity to meet the faces behind the microphone and really just to see that they are people too!

The Solent CTA is one of the most infringed sections of airspace in the country as it is fairly complicated, we would much rather take time out and show you round so you can get a better understanding of ATC the airspace and airport instead of talking to you after you have strayed into controlled airspace.

If you are part of a club or syndicate and would like to arrange a visit please PM me for further details!