PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STALLS IN PPL SKILL TEST
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2013, 11:24
Crash one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cannot get my head round the amount of Examiner/Insructor mumbo jumbo gibberish that is often spoke on here concerning a simple basic flight maneuver, or non flight to be precise. Every one is saying basicly the same thing (Reduce AoA & increase AS).
Why the poor student can't be taught WHY & HOW the a/c flies until they ACTUALLY understand the basic principle I really don't know.
Blabbering on about technique of recovery only confuses the issue & makes it sound to the un-initiated like wichcraft.
Fra start. It is bloody difficult to apply power in a glider, yet they recover very well. The 172 I was revalidated in last week does a soggy mush full back yoke & is difficult to tell if it's stalled or not. My Emeraude drops the nose very positively along with a wing of it's own choosing. Definately cannot be mistaken.
More understanding is required first, after that, recovery tecnique is MOSTLY obvious, certainly in a SEP.
Someone mentioned podded jets pitching up. To me, perfectly obviously they will, Overhead engined (Teal/PBY) things will pitch down for the same reason. Why does such basic obvious crap need explained? That should be covered at basic first day training.

Last edited by Crash one; 24th Apr 2013 at 14:14.