PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 24th Apr 2013, 01:43
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CASA's issues - Worrying, compelling and tautological

Advo-cate, your post along with previous discussions got me thinking yet again about the 100 NCN's, give or take. That is a huge number. I have been trying to research as to exactly how many items are outstanding?
But either way, 100 is a disgrace.

How would CAsA treat an operator that was found to be so severely wanting that it received 100 NCN's?
We have seen repetitive ramblings by the Skull and his predecessors including Bruce 'I don't want to live in Canberra' Byron about how problems have existed 'currently and/or before his/their tenure in the top role', yet nothing gets fixed?
Does the very organisation that oversights Australian aviation safety itself not understand 'root cause'? It seems that repetitive DAS's make the statements. Each one, as we are led to believe, inherits a lemon!
What will the Skulls replacement say when he/she starts at the end of the year?

CAsA does not set a safety example. It does not understand root cause, has legacy issues that date back decades and it does not understand the very industry it regulates. It is farcical that an airline must respond, fix and review issue, in other words is expected to actually fix the problem. Yet CAsA prefers to hide, deny, lie, spin and bluff rather than fix its issues. Absolute contradiction of expectations. But then again, that's what happens when you have bureaucrats, lawyers, burnt out test pilots and sociopaths in charge of business, how could they know how to fix it?
Further proof is Quadrio. CAsA spend millions chasing a lone chopper pilot, tie up resources, manpower and of course throw millions of the taxpayers dosh into the entire episode and why? Isn't it the CAsA charter to keep the fare paying passenger safe? Isn't that their primary objective? So please tell me again why they are focused on a chopper pilot who doesn't provide RPT or even Charter services?

Yes, the history of CAsA, and now it's symbiotic bed sleeping arrangements with the ATSBeaker is nothing short of extremely concerning. The industry is getting worse, CAsA and ATSBeaker have completely lost the plot, Board and senior Executives are out of control and the Minister is too busy planning his next career for when he is jettisoned out of Government later this year all means that nobody is at the wheel.

Should ICAO and the FAA be concerned? Damn straight.

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 24th Apr 2013 at 01:47.