PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 787 Batteries and Chargers - Part 2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2013, 23:20
archae86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
United 787 KLAX to KSKF today

I've been looking at FlightAware for 787 flights several times a day lately, expecting to see a flurry of the Boeing aircraft caught on the ground before customer delivery going up for B-1 flights and such. But, aside from the engine testing flights ending last week under the ID BOE5, I've not been shown any in flight so far (the aircraft type method only detects aircraft in flight--though with a flight number you can see history as well).

Instead, today, I saw a flight under a 4-digit United flight number listed as a 787 flying from Los Angeles International to Lackland AFB.

While this could just be a mis-attribution, I'm inclined to guess it was real. LAX was listed as the location where one of the United 787s was stranded, and I believe that some kinds of 787 work get done at Lackland. The past history of the flight number did not show other KLAX to KSKF operations under that ID recently.

If it was real, then either someone gave special dispensation for the flight to be operated without the battery fix, or this is a bird that got the fix in already.

Can anyone here correct, expand, confirm, or deny?