PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your thoughts please
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2003, 22:42
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on Slack, tell us the whole story if you want people to comment. Did you fail the course whilst employed by the airline and were you then 'released'?

If so, then obviously this is a big factor personally as well as in the industry (if it's known about by other potential employers, which seems to be what you are implying in your original post).

Just about everyone I know has had disruption during their initial training, me included. There is no point looking for sympathy, this is the real world of commercial aviation. Things are rarely perfect. What it comes down to when you do have a lack of experience is attitude. You must be determined not to fail and to be quite honest it's too late now to say how you 'could have' spent time keeping up to date with the SOP's and drills. I find it hard to believe that you were just 'chopped' during line training when you sailed through the ARB and sim (your claim). Why did you fail?

Now is the time to show your determination as you will not succeed without it. Only you can decide what is best for you, be it flying instruction or a type rating. But what you have to do is ask yourself what point is buying a type rating with the market as it is when any potential employer is going to put you through their training and you are going to (potentially) be facing the same difficulties as last time. Maybe building the confidence back up 'at a lower level' is what you need.

Sorry if this all sounds pretty blunt, but reality checks are something that Wannabes sometimes need. There is a plentiful supply of organisations 'encouraging' you whilst taking your cash.

Think hard and question yourself before looking for some external excuse.

Good luck.

PP