PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avionics tech wanna be pilot.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2013, 16:23
Flying Mechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was Airframe/Engine Engineer for sevens years, then I did my CPL. You can always walk into a hangar and start work, use that to your advantage! Get in a company and then approach the Chief Pilot, pretty sure you will get a flying job in the future. Over the years I met quite a few pilots who have come that route , and it works. While you over the states, do your FAA A&P ticket, as that's good combo to have with your FAA CPl/IR. my first 2 flying jobs, I used to fix the planes after work! Was not until I flew turbo props did I not work on aircraft after work. I went the airline route for a few years, now I am corporate, you engineering experience is huge plus in the corporate world, because when you break down in Timbuktu.....guess who fixes the plane and saves the day....yep you.In the corporate world , FAA lic is very useful, it's certainly not useless. In my company now we mange over 30 biz jets, over a third are N reg, or M, caymans, and Isle of Man and caymans validate FAA license.
Good luck, you will enjoy your career.