PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2013, 12:49
Courtney Mil

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
LO, well said. I was about to make the same point. We don't always fly our aircraft to the manufacturers' desired parameters, but rather to satisfy tactical and operational requirements. The one that sprang to my mind was radar look angle, but the others are equally likely. Why do you suppose they would be persuaded to change that?

Originally Posted by Burbage
a specific set of ground rules associated with how that range is calculated which is not similar to either of the other two airplanes
That did not happen by accident - it was done for a good reason, quite likely CONOPS. Perhaps the Canadians are happy with different figures.

Just started reading the transcript from the Australian Parliament. Bloody Hell! Those guys aren't pulling their punches, are they?

The Joint Strike Fighter is now more expensive than the larger and over three times more capable F22A Raptor. The unresolved and unresolvable engineering problems in the program will see further cost growth for as long as this broken program continues.

I look forward to reading the rest of that one, thanks for posting, Spaz. Very interesting.