PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rights as an Irish Contractor?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2013, 12:45
Toast30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I left RYR I asked if I could be released of contractual duties a little early. I was getting married so it seemed logical and I was owed leave anyway (and before you ask they had refused to grant my wedding day as leave!!). They declined and immediately threatened me with legal action. I pointed out that my Sim check was due in my last month which they said was not an issue. Sure enough 2 days before my sim and 3 weeks before my 3 month was up my roster was wiped clean and I was told I could leave early. Funny how that was the case when they realised they were spending money putting me through the sim. €€€€ is the only language they understand. I wouldn't work for Brookfield again,they simply bark the orders and pass on the threats from RYR management with a distinct lack of care or compassion. I have told many new cadets about my experiences but it doesn't seem to put people off. Whilst people put up with the sh*t they will continue to treat us like this. Expect to work your 3 months unless you know a cheap solicitor and are willing to take a gamble that they won't take it to court.