PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seville San Pablo (LEZL)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2013, 11:25
Trumpet_trousers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seville San Pablo (SVQ/LEZL)

Having lived and worked in Seville for the past 4 years, I can't help but think that the airport is massively under-utilised. At certain times of the day, there appears to be NO traffic at all for several hours, (typically between 13:30 or so for at least 2-3 hours, (yes, I'm aware that it is traditionally siesta time...)) Is this just due to the current economic climate here, or are there other factors at play?
Apart from Ryanair, Vueling and Iberia, (both IB and IBE) there appears to be very little other regular daily traffic (admittedly, Easyjet, Air Berlin and a few others have fairly regular weekly flights, but it appears that there is an awful lot of newly-laid/renovated concrete going to waste.)
Also, regarding routes, not surprisingly perhaps, both Vueling and Iberia serve mainly domestic destinations, although the service to Madrid is a nightmare, both in terms of scheduling and trying to connect without having to wait in MAD for 2-3 hours!
As for RYR, whilst once they served at least 4 UK destinations, (STN, LGW, BRS and LPL) now it is just the first 2. The only other direct flight to the UK is with EZY to LGW, 3-4 times weekly.
Bearing in mind a fairly sizeable expat community here (bolstered by the Airbus facility,) there seems to be an opportunity for a LoCo/mainline carrier to capitalise on this and introduce some new routes direct to UK. Reintroducing a direct flight to either BRS and/or LPL (ideally both!) would certainly be very welcome - after all, arriving at STN at 23:55 is not everyone's cup of tea...

Should I hold my breath or not?

Last edited by Trumpet_trousers; 25th Apr 2013 at 10:24.