PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lionair plane down in Bali.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2013, 10:10
smiling monkey

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by philipat
Just to repeat my 2 cents as on the spot on the day of the accident (Now in Tokyo):

[*]No, I don't believe those pictures were taken on the day of the accident. Poster please respond.
Those photos are not taken at WADD, philipat. Looks definitely like Bandung. What relevance of those photos are to this accident, is anybody's guess.

Originally Posted by philipat
[*]If "Smiling monkey" is correct, in "The Jungle" all of this stuff is openly discussed and there is no confidentiality, so it should, presumably, be the case that the CVR and DVDR readings will be available here shortly?
How long is a piece of string? The full transcript of the Sukhoi SJ100 CFIT near Bogor has never been released, not even in the final report. The same goes for the other fatality that occurred in May 2011. I doubt the full CVR transcript for JT 904 will be published either. There may be excerpts here and there, but I doubt very much there will be a full official transcript. As for gossip of what's on the CVR and whether it will appear out in the open, well, that's anybody's guess.

Last edited by smiling monkey; 23rd Apr 2013 at 10:17. Reason: re editing the quote tag