PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rights as an Irish Contractor?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2013, 09:35
PieterB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contract clause

Thanks for the inputs guys, I am still looking out how to make things come in my advantage if it were to go to court.

e.g.
The contract clause states: The Contractor or the EC may terminate this Contract by giving not less than 3 months’ written notice to the
other parties. In the event that the EC purports to terminate this Contract upon less than 3 months’ notice, then
the EC shall pay to the Contractor the sum of €5,000, such sum being payable as liquidated and ascertained
damages by the EC to the Contractor in full and final settlement and satisfaction of the EC’s entire liability for
any loss, damages, costs or expenses suffered or incurred by the Contractor arising from such event.

Would they have to prove that they had actual damages by my leaving? Which is doubtful since a recent memo stated that we had a hiring stop and more than enough first officers to cover everything.

On top of that, I was based in MAD, a base that was just reducing their fleet and I would have been sent to Weeze as a solution.