PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA Stealth Operations.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2013, 06:32
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think everyone is focussing on the things that anyone can monitor.

I can ASSURE you all that CASA and some of their insane position on things will result in a huge number of things going underground.

If I were not such a visible target, it would really tempt me. So those who are quietly going about their business in the bush, far from any radar or anything else......knock ya socks off.

I know of one aircraft CASA are trying to find, and I hope they do, but they know it is near impossible unless they literally trip over it one day. And even then the right person needs to trip.

So the scene is set, if you are out of the limelight, out in the bush.....better chance of being run over and killed by a matchbox car.

If CASA changed their approach to things in a massive and swift 180 degree turn, and went WOT at it, they may slowly arrest this. But they are kidding themselves big time if they think otherwise.

I challenge any CASA person with any influence to PM me and arrange a beer/coffee or three to chat about it. They have no clues what is happening in the majority of cases and if they do they have even less understanding as to why.

And this is the sad state of affairs in Australia. Not just aviation.

Ohh and yes I have gone toe to toe with Jonathan Alleck on the matter......you can guess how much nodding agreeing and then how much notice was taken. He may be a nice bloke, I dont know, but I can be sure that even though he is a very smart man, the facts were wasted on him. So from the top down they say....

Unless I could be king for a day (about 5-7 years in reality) I doubt I could affect change, because that is exactly what it would take, ohh yeah and a lot of money (my salary) and a lot of sackings and reapplications.

It could be fixed......but only if done my way. Anything else is doomed to failure. And yes I do have a plan!

Logical rant over.........better go check my PM's for coffee invites

PS: I meant what I said and mean what I say......I do actually have the future of GA at heart, this is not some wise crack rant at CASA and everyone in between......... (what are they doing with that big white coat walking towards me )

Last edited by Jabawocky; 23rd Apr 2013 at 06:34.