PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Graduate unemployment rates
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2003, 14:42
Cricketer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Providing you are not in to much of a hurry to get that RHS Jet job there are plenty of oportunities to gain experience in places like Africa, the Caribbean, Canada, the Far East and South Pacific.
Not sure I whole heartedly agree with that statement. Admittedly I have only investigated the possibility slightly but from what I hear you need to have been there for a while and got your face pretty well known to secure that kind of employment. I am sure someone will say that if you want to really do it then you will but is that realistic?

I would say 1% of us would be able to just turn up in an African city and hang around there with no income etc and be able to be there long enough to get a job. Do they not get competition from locals first and foremost? I would love to do something like this, as well as a good friend of mine, but there is a dearth of information about how to go about it. Everyone says you have to be there etc but where/when/how? I am not seeking an easy win but a step in the right direction would help. Would it help to have got some form of type rating before going?

Does IR help in the African bush? What kind of hours expected there?