PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F15 Court Martial (Merged thread)
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2003, 14:32
Mickydrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headonaplate

Ready4departure makes some good points and with commendable feeling. However, I must confess that the first time I read the posting, I was quite cross with a sentiment that appeared to say, it's OK to screw the controller but hands off his boss.

It's acknowledged that e-mail is a cold-fish and can easily convey the wrong message, as has happened here, in my view. The mistake that ready4departure makes is assuming that every SATCO is as professional as she/he is; most clearly are but, for time immemorial, there's always been one or two who have taken the money, made no waves in case they're noticed and quietly slithered up the ladder. In my time I can only recollect 2 officers that fell into that category; hopefully they're a dying breed.

You ask questions in your posting that I am able to answer but not willing to, it would be a breach of confidence. You surely acknowledge that there is considerable frustration amongst the branch that the wrong person is in the dock and fighting for his sanity/ career/ family/ and a host of other things that we all take for granted. You're right, baying for another head won't solve anything; Wrote8 summed it up nicely, Spot's SATCO will have to reconcile this issue in his/her own way.

Concerning the message to SATCO's and their Sup's, it's never changed - "take care of the troops, there's more to the job than the paycheck". SATCO's, by and large, deserve to be where they are. They have a motivated, disciplined and professional staff, eager to do their best for their colleagues and the aircrew, and long may it continue. The troops deserve much better than Spot was exposed to.