PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilotless Commercial Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2013, 14:22
Chock Chucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking outside the box & a lot of my future visulisation has stemmed from watching the Jetsons cartoons on TV as a kid.

Yep i laughed at the Jetsons back then & thought that it was very futuristic but most probably would never happen, well gee i was wrong along with many others.

I'm a Licensed Aircraft Engineer by trade & have also witnessed the rapid automation that has swept into the aviation industry in the past 5-10 years or so. Self service checkin is just one of them.

It will be incredible to see the further automation in the aviation industry in the comming 5-10 years time with all airlines looking at ways to reduce their staffing numbers & running cost.

Cabin crew numbers are already on the decline on new modern aircraft that have self service food & drink facilities for passengers.

20 year ago if someone told you that in new aircraft in the future would be bigger & their would be less cabin crew & you would have to get up & get your own food & drink you would have laughed & said they are crazy & it would never happen. Never ever ever.

Chock Chucker

Last edited by Chock Chucker; 22nd Apr 2013 at 14:30.