PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilotless Commercial Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2013, 11:39
Chock Chucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hempy, thankyou for your input however soon enough you will not be able to fly as their will be no pilot & this will be a reality. I would be pretty worried if an old grey haired 4 bars pilot were to be looking backwards down the cabin at me smiling especially if he were to be flying right into a mountain or building or even the ground.

It would be worring enough if a pilot were to be riding a push bike forward while looking backwards & smiling at the same time. I dont know of any pilots that can multi task.

With all the automation going on around us i dont think it will take to long for the general public to accept that this is the way of the future even when flying on an aircraft.

Just another note, Pilots fail a lot more often than systems & we dont need statistics to prove that one.

In this day & age their are so many fail safe redundant systems installed on aircraft that it makes sense to have pilotless aircraft to greatly reduce the human error factor.

Dont forget the aircraft will be pilotless however it can still be operated & commanded from ground via a control centre.

Chock Chucker.

Last edited by Chock Chucker; 22nd Apr 2013 at 13:39.