PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet 2 Recruitment!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2013, 07:28
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baron Blue

Of course if you give them the chance to grab three months pay that is what they will do !

It would seem to me that you are in a mind set that is going to make you a victim of his intimidation.

I see the situation very differently, the UK courts take a dim view of Restraint of Trade and bonding people for vastly more than the training is worth falls firmly into that catorgry. EXS know this but play the intimidation game by holding the "financial gun" to your heads, it is only when it is taken to court do both sides find out if the gun is loaded.

The question you have to ask is what are the consequences to EXS if there is no ammunition in their gun? the answer is that the whole bond thing will turn into a free for all and they will loose big time, it is far better for them to negotiate a private settlement with those who have the balls to front them up and keep the rest of the workforce in fear of what may well be an unloaded gun.

I have no problem with training bonds as long as the bond reflects the true cost of the training, after all a company has the right to expect to see a return on its investment, however inflated bonds are simply a restraint of trade.

Last edited by A and C; 22nd Apr 2013 at 08:17.