PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 22nd Apr 2013, 03:03
Ziggychick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seriously Serious

Without Prejudice

Historically Senate Inquiries fizzle out and have zero change regarding CASA and the ATSB. The current inquiry will hopefully have recommendations that will enhance the safety, investigations and accountability of both parties.
Some facts from the ditching of VH-NGA, which I was on board.
Horrific experience
Aftermath has been torturous both physically and mentally
The back that hides the knife is throughout the whole saga

From FOIs that I obtained:
Pel-Air were audited by CASA in April 2007, FRMS and multiple other unsafe practices, such as record keeping were found. (Not given to ATSB to help with investigation)
Pel-Air were audited 12 months later in March 2008, FRMS still not in place and records of pilots training and numerous other dangerous practices found. (Not given to ATSB)
Pel-Air were working ad-hoc medivacs internationally with these unsafe practises in places. Nice, put your staff, medical crew and patients at risk.
Ditching occurs and Special Audit, which I FOI'd that contained over 101 pages of disgust regarding Pel-Air's practices.
Chambers report revealed at Senate Inquiry that was not handed to the ATSB for a more accurate account of their unsafe practise, nor were the previous audit.
Then...the Chief Pilot at the time of the ditching for Pel-Air is now, drumroll...an investigator for CASA. Who is stroking it for each other here?
So, in a nutshell:
Pel-Air have unsafe practise that CASA did not follow up on therefore a potential direct hit on CASA after the ditching, which they avoided, as usual.
If I can FOI documents that show incompetence's, then why couldn't the ATSB?
Put the pieces of the puzzle together and we have another "dodge the bullet" from both Government bodies.
Add insult and deny all of the above in a Senate Inquiry and more. Who are these dishonest, unsafe people employed by our own Government to keep "Safe Skies"...bolllocks.
They broke the law, TSA Section 24, as I am sure most are aware of.
How can the ATSB and CASA answer to the same Transport Minister? This creates extreme bias as the Minister, CASA's Director and the ATSB Chief Comm do not want to be accountable as they may lose their status, ego and of course the almighty dollar.
The two need to be completely separate to ensure nil bias and collusion when an investigation is in progress.
I met with Mr Truss and he is aware of the Senate and the FOIs. Lets see if Mr Truss, plus the Senate will do anything productive to increase air safety, considering our skies are becoming busier.
A life is a life. Whether it's a plane filled with 300 souls or a smaller aircraft with a few souls. Doesn't matter, safety should be a blanket of truth, learning and continued critiquing.
The men involved in this scandal should hang their heads low at what they have done to people such as myself, and many others.
Untouchable they think they are, not for long.
I believe that a call for resignation along with charges need to be delivered to both McCormick and Dolan for their disgraceful, deceitful, shameful behaviour.

Last edited by Ziggychick; 22nd Apr 2013 at 11:50. Reason: Legal