PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet 2 Recruitment!
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2013, 15:11
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just like any business Jet2 ( or to give them the real company name Channel Express air services ) will try to get the best deal be it for maintenance, fuel, or labour. This should not surprise you and it is how the free market works.

I have difficulty with those who are critical of Jet 2 on the grounds of T&C'S because it is clear from the start what they are offering and no one forces you to take the contract. I worked for them when they were still flying turboprops on night cargo and they treated me very reasonably when it was within their power to do so but were always very careful with money.

I think I might still be with them had it not been for the long night duties followed by much positioning to get back to base, I eventually was in fear of dying on the road ether in the back of a cab or while driving home. These less that ideal duties were the result of pilots leaving to fly jets faster than new pilots could be trained. The market for pilots at the time was such that the company was unable to control the outflow of pilots and so the undesirable duties were as a result of things that they could not control.

It has to be said that the care with money has resulted in the company continuing to trade unlike my next four employers who all went bust !