PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Flight Deck Security
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2003, 06:06
mozzie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taken from behind now!?!?

Oh, so now I'm expecting a bullet in the back of my head through the bog wall, how am I expected to sleep!

16mths now post 911 with many airlines just in the process of fitting new 'secure' doors....it only took weeks to announce redundancies. Thankfully they were sharp enough to take away our nail files and steel cutlery, leaving us our butane lighters.

But something surely has to be done. However unlikely, the bin bast**ds only have to be lucky once so why give them better odds. The door is flawed, but it must be better than the ones that sprung open on take off allowing the sandwiches, papers & water bottles to escape down the ailse?

All airlines are vunerable, not just the ones mentioned. In the twisted mind of bin whoeverhemaybe, the plane is the tool to get the target and a hit is a hit regardless of the tail paint.

Agreed, the new doors do present new CRM issues which have to be addressed. Just saying 'your not coming in, go away..I've got a phone and I know how to use it', probably won't help much.

Maybe the door is ill conceive and just a PR ex, but it could be made a more effective deterent if we try and make it work. It's probably all we'll get, you can forget getting our own galley and bogs..................