PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCC Course
Thread: MCC Course
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2013, 20:50
pudoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My opinion is do it at a reputable school with the lowest price.

When people do their CPL and IR at one school but then go off elsewhere to do an MCC it really makes me scratch my head. I can't help but ask why. They live near the school where they did a CPL/IR...this school offers MCC but why do they shoot off 100 miles across the country to go elsewhere? They're answers are because they want to do it on a full motion 747 or a A320 sim because "it's a better MCC". They seem to miss the fact that the MCC is done mainly on autopilot and it makes absolutely no difference what aircraft you do it on.

Mine was done in a generic sim and I believe, well the training captain at my job interview on my sim assessment certainly believed, that my MCC skills were up to a good standard. And yes I got the job. They also asked us all at the interview what we MCC'd on, the majority did theirs on a generic sim. A couple on a 737/A320.

Tweedle dumb and tweedle dee who went off to a 737 full motion simulator remain jobless and also paid 3 times as much as I did for the MCC. Makes me laugh really, they were so deluded they'd get a jet job by doing so.

As you have already said, the type of aircraft sim you do your MCC on has absolutely zero effect on the job you will get. In a sim assessment with an airline you are only expected to be able to fly the aircraft you last flew, DA42 or Seneca or whatever, and that's it. If they know you did a 737 MCC and you go to a 737 interview, they may hold you to a higher standard than that of the guy on a generic sim configured as a King Air or whatever.

I see many guys leave my modular school and shoot off to Oxford to get onto the Ryanair 737 MCC course thinking they'll get a job in Ryanair. I know 8 guys who did that, only 1 works at Ryanair now.

So to conclude. Don't go for an overpriced MCC on a A320/737/747...it's pointless. Go somewhere that's good and cheap, and if that's a 737 sim or a generic sim that doesn't matter. You can get a good MCC for under £2k.

Bit of a rant....

Last edited by pudoc; 20th Apr 2013 at 20:54.