PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Europe vs. America
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2013, 14:44
squall1984

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think its probably because of the hiring situation there that most people are unemployed rather than where they trained, just depends how much people keep at it, sending the resume and knocking on doors.

Of course there are also people that are trained in the US by non-EASA/JAA instructors that are FAA certified and given a quick conversion type course that allows them to teach private, that to me is a bit of a downfall (I was one of those FAA guys) because most instructors won't take the time to study the differences in airspace, airlaw etc and are kinda just given a quick "how europeans navigate" lesson. That of course depends on the school you go to. To a recruiter I don't think it matters, most care about how many hours you have and if you have a TR or not.

What boggles my mind is how the US does the TR in sims just like most of the world but in the UK you need to do landings in a plane which just increases the cost drastically, I think sims have advanced to the point where its realistic personally.