PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2013, 13:04
eaglemmoomin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LO I don't operate an F16 I've never even sat in one. Unless the comparisons include the same items it's meanless. Can you do an A) to B) comparison for me then?

Or are you saying that Bogdan a USAF general in charge of running an undelivered procurement program is in LM's back pocket now? He's been fairly vocal about where he see's issues and areas where he is happy that things are under control. As of right now if he is willing to state to the Dutch parliament in a public forum while they are debating their future defence planning assumptions that the operating cost of an F35A is $23,900 per hour and thats 10% above the cost of operating an F16 from his perspective as the 'customer' programme director then thats the figure that is being used in all the planning assumptions.

The lower LM price that JSF fan keeps quoting is the one thats missing the additional kit. Bogdan's figure includes the maintenance of that additional kit hence as of right now that price seems reasonable given that each new generation of jet the running costs go up.

Last edited by eaglemmoomin; 20th Apr 2013 at 13:15.