PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C 172 Amphibian conversion -Diesel plus Group ownership Scotland -any interest?
Old 20th Apr 2013, 12:09
CLOUD999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies.
I suspected the diesel was a non starter but was putting it out there anyway, liked the idea of using Jet A1 .Irish - I am indeed planning some more flying with Hamish and Neil and I agree that there is lots more to learn, isnt there always with aviation! However my aim is to get some practicle use from the rating and not just little jaunts here and there. Group ownership seems to work with land planes im not sure why its not so popular with seaplanes here, provided it involves a group of sensible, capable and trustworthy pilots who know their limits.
I have the advantage of being far closer to suitable lochs than airfields. After learning the basics the best wayto learn is to get asmuch time as P1 from my experience.
The lake amphibian has certainly caught my eye but then theres the issue of paying for yet more training before flying it safely. Which brings me back to the Cessna. Thanks for the info about Cessna float training in Canada Pilot DAR, I should have mentioned I already have a float rating and am planning some Cessna amphib flying here in Scotland. However I might do some flying in Canada or US in the future if I can tie it in with a trip so the info is useful.
I am still looking for any folk interested in shared ownership here on west coast of Scotland btw, I know 2 pilots locally who might be persuaded to come on board if I could get some interest going.