PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Strikebreakers!
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2003, 02:05
Alpha Charlie Bravo

QF Strikebreakers!

Here's a heads-up for all of those, mostly ex AN crew, who have been shortlisted in the recent QF recruitment drive.

If you were one of those contacted by QF in Sydney this morning and innocently asked if it would be okay if they forwarded your personnel 'jacket' to MAM for a possible two days training over the weekend and a subsequent three days work early next week then before you say yes, do yourself a favour and ask 'what th...?'

What's happening early next week I hear you ask? Well, not much really, oh, apart from the very real possibility of industrial action by your colleagues presently incumbent at the big Q. Say around Tuesday between, say, 0200 - 1200 hrs.

Think long and hard before committing to such folly because as surely as night follows day, as soon as you no longer serve a useful purpose they WILL hang you out to dry. Who will you have left to turn to after that happens, oh, only your friends and colleagues who have been attempting to pursue their legitimate industrial claims.

This isn't to say I have a personal axe to grind against either Geoff or Maurice. They have been kind enough to allow me to indulge my expensive personal passion....flying, that is! I only use that term because a job actually PAYS the monthly bills.

They are simply looking after their own business interests and hey, they've both got bank accounts to fill too you know, fairs fair.

Well, next week will be the time for us to look after our business interests. United we stand, divided we don't stand a snowballs!
I know that some of you aren't in a strong position and could do with the cash. Join the club. But they know that too and the best time to take advantage of people is when there is a weakness in the line.

Next week will come time to hold the line, take the pain, suck it up. If we don't do this now it will just be the start.

Last edited by Sick Squid; 21st Feb 2003 at 00:56.