PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 20th Apr 2013, 00:46
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
MOIE- Thankyou, I apologise if I attributed a meaning to your post that was not the intent.

The Senate is one part of the process it is not the one stop shop people are hoping for. Look at the Senate report from 2000 (or thereabouts) called "Burning the Midnight Oil" which looked at fatigue in the transport industry. What has changed?

What needs to happen now is the various industry bodies and other aviation groups need to lobby and keep lobbying for reform through the lower house and through both political parties.

This is a process that takes a long time. It has to be coordinated and sustained. The problem is the industry bodies are too busy looking after their own vested interests. In the past 20 years the only unifying events have been aircraft accidents.

Now over 325,000 views, I suspect this is already being viewed outside Australia as the numbers rise overnight.
I doubt it, I think its a bit like the adage that 5000 hours of instructing is just 1 hour repeated 5000 times. If there were many different posters with names that weren't familiar,(mine included) then I would agree.