PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Power levers on turbine helicopter
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2013, 21:31
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
Dear all

One additional question: in the jet world, at least based upon my personal experience, the ECU is driven by a permanent magnet alternator or PMA driven by the engine through the accessory gear box, is it the same in the helicopter world?

Depends, for example the EC225 has separate small engine driven alternators just for the FADECs, whilst the earlier variants (AS332L and L2) relied on airframe electrical power. Most older types are the latter I suspect.

When you start up the engine, do you start it with the power levers in cutoff or idle?

Depends on type as I mentioned before

Is there any helicopter where the power lever and its detents are mounted on the collective cos i saw a picture that showed a collective with a twist grip that seemed having a FLY detent together with some other figures?

Yes, Bell seem to like this setup.

Are the fadec power levers always mounted on the ovhd? Cos i have never seen any ovhd panel with a single power lever.

Overhead or collective (although someone will come up, with an exception). Tends to be on collective for singles and single-pilot twins, and overhead for multi pilot types (generalisation)

Many thanks

Baobab