PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You know you have become a third rate Air Force when....
Old 18th Apr 2013, 21:29
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LGBT

This has made me chuckle. Some of you who know me will not be suprised:

I applied to attend the LGBT forum one year. my application was turned down. I considered raising a grievence on grounds that I was being discriminated against. there was not a similar forum for us stright guys. As a P take I always had a supply of their leaflets on my desk that I had picked up on my visits to Main Building. I just fancied a few days in a 4* hotel in town (or brighton) on Her Maj! If I had been a bender I could have gone.

I came close to setting up my boss in preparing a management ballanced scorecard slide (Does that qualify for a wankword?) the topic was parachute disposals. some will know we had Pink and Blue 28 ft utilities left over from Arneham to dispose of. I suggested we required a policy decision from the LGBT Forum to determine which ones should be retained. The answer should have been the Rayon ones but the cotton ones were easier to repack! Fortunatly or unfortunatly she was sharp enough to ask what the LGBT was and had the slide amended. we did have a laugh about it in the office. I think some of the Airships from Town, HW and ABW may have seen the joke. At the time I was desperate to give them an excuse to sack me! It took me almost a year after that.

Anyway if we go on as we are it will soon be compulsary.