PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lionair plane down in Bali.
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2013, 19:32
framer

Received 482 Likes on 130 Posts
There is no reason to blame the Indonesia authorities.
You may be right. We'll see shortly I hope. My bet is that you are wrong though.
Lion Air is responsible who and how is flying there aircrafts in some way.
The Indonesian Authorities are responsible to the citizens of Indonesia to ensure a safe development and operation of the Indonesian aviation industry. This includes ensuring that rules and regulations around minimum qualifications and ongoing training standards are enforced. It also decides what rules are there in the first place to serve the Indonesian people's interests. It also determines how quickly Lion Air can grow and expand and whether or not P2F pilots can be recruited and in what numbers. It approves the SOP's that seemingly allow the company to make rules such as f/o's not being PF below 5000ft.
The companies will gravitate towards the most " cost effective " methods of operating, it is the Indonesian Authority's role to draw a line in the sand and ( on behalf of the Indonesian public) prevent unsafe operating procedures from developing.
I would be surprised if one of the links in this chain wasn't produced within their halls.
Maybe Lion Air needs help in education or finding well educated pilots for their huge growing.
Maybe they could pay Rishworth or Parc Aviation to do this, it is certainly not the job of the Indonesian Authorities.