PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL at Kinloss ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2003, 19:09
Avoiding Action

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moray Flying Club

While not wanting to detract from BEagle's comments on the mil forum...

Kinloss is a tremendous place to learn to fly. MFC is run in an extremely professional manner and yet retains a friendly club feeling. In addition, RAF Kinloss is generally pretty co-operative and you'll rarely get hassles from the military side, unless their activities are of an operational nature, in which case you give way. The aircraft are in good nick and there are civilian as well as military instructors. Training is, in my experience, to a very high standard.

The Moray Firth has, believe it or not, some of the finest weather in the UK and (again, my experience only) few days are lost to weather. You'll be sharing the circuit with Nimrods and the occasional fast jet and, although it could never be compared to the London area, the density of traffic can be high enough to make you think and scan effectively. Then there's the scenery - Perth, the Cairngorms, Isle of Skye, Orkney Islands, the Great Glen and Oban are all within easy reach.

I don't hold any office in the Club, so I've no axe to grind. However to set my writings in context, I've kept my membership and regularly travel up there, despite moving to the North of England.

You can find out more from
http://www.morayflyingclub.co.uk

Enjoy
AA