PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPS 75 and NEM
Thread: AFPS 75 and NEM
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2013, 09:33
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
AFPS 75 and NEM

I've been speaking to several colleagues who, like me, are long in the tooth, but still have sufficient time left to serve for several years under the proposed New Employment Model (to be introduced, it seems, from 2015).

A colleague posed the question to SPVA asking whether this would affect his entitlement to his AFPS 75 pension; regretfully SPVA where unable to give a categorical assurance that the entitlement would remain - or whether it would migrate to NEM (with pensions deferred to 65). SPVA claimed in writing that the MOD had not provided any more detail on NEM. I understand that the Forces Pension Society are in a similar boat. Previous advice suggested that those born before 1 Apr 1967 would have their entitlement unchanged, however SPVA cannot/will not confirm that entitlement now, without using very cautious and very conditional language eg 'may', 'might' 'should' etc.

Thus, although not looking for penisons advice, and given that many middling rank personnel (principally officers in the RAF and RN) are being offered substantial extenstions, does anyone know with any certainty what will happen to pensions of SP on AFPS 75 who are serving, but 47 or older at the moment?