PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lionair plane down in Bali.
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2013, 07:29
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dozy and others;

No, this thread is not the place to wander into those areas, and I apologize once again to contributors.

At the same time however, in the same manner that organizational factors may be examined for their contribution to the causal pathway in an accident, I think we can take one more step ack and acknowledge how automation and pixelation have changed our perception of what we do in the cockpit.

What got me thinking was someone on the thread who mentioned the possibility that this accident may be like the One-Two-Go MD80 go-around accident at Phuket and insofar as that connection can be made with the oft-mentioned in the thread, "children of the M. line" metaphor, I thought a bit of a wander was reasonable.

But nothing more on this here, as we need to reserve space for the recorder data, when & if that comes!

sevenstrokeroll;
the same traps are out there...
Yessir, they are. That's the reason I decided to write what I did. What's more, I think we who have done this work for a few decades all sense the change in some way. I'm sure that most just coming into the profession and being hired by the likes of some outfits haven't a clue what they don't know and won't be told by their employer.

I think automation contributes enormously to flight safety, but not if one doesn't know how to fly and think.

QED.

PJ2

Last edited by PJ2; 18th Apr 2013 at 07:36.