PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The landing and judging height.
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2013, 21:43
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CE

At the risk of offending some posters here it is my personal opinion that if you are not equally competent and at ease with both the three point landing and the wheel landing you have not finished learning how to fly tail wheel airplanes.
Piperboy 84, when training pilots to be competent in tail wheel airplanes the training is focused on teaching them how to safely fly any tail wheel airplane they may fly in the future.

In that I personally have never flown a tail wheel airplane that could not be safely wheel landed my training program is set up for most of the certified aircraft available.

I have flown a few that were quite tricky to three point safely and were far easier to wheel land, but never ran across one that could not be wheel landed.

but here is the quandary I have, I am a novice TD pilot (200hrs), the aircraft I have the manufacturer, in fact the guy that owns the company and builds them, advised me during the purchase test flight not to do wheeler landings nor high speed taxi in this plane.
Was this information printed in the aircraft handling manual as a caution, or restriction?

And if so for what reason?