PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Switching from distance learning to full time ATPL theory study?
Old 17th Apr 2013, 20:03
RichardH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are certainly not the first and won't be last to travel this path.

As you stated D/L requires significant focus & self-discipline, many start with good intentions but due to a variety of reasons/excuses fail to apply themselves. It can be a false economy if you fail a few exams and/or time expire, not uncommon.

As a freelance ATPL instructor I have seen several students convert from D/L to F/T not one had any regrets. I my view it would be very easy to switch though I should strongly advise you commencing your studies again at the start of a module not part-way through (even if acceptable). All your previous study would not be in vain it should just make it even easier to understand and progress.

There are a few of full-time modular approved courses open to you, some with 2 modules and some with 3 modules. Some will insist you start on module 1, others will allow you jump on at the start of a module.

You need to go and visit them IN PERSON (not just a phone call) to discuss your circumstances and this will allow you to talk to instructors and other students to get a feel for the place. Bear in mind living & accommodation costs as well as course fees. Best of luck.