PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aeromexico B762 at Madrid on Apr 16th 2013, tail strike on takeoff
Old 17th Apr 2013, 17:04
dav_vader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I know, and untill the safety report is made, the AMX crew didnīt report the tail strike, neither in the TWR freq. nor the DEP freq. The only they reported was a pressurized problem.

After the AMX some other aircrafts departed from the same runway and also didnīt report anything, probably beacuse the AMX rolled at the end of the RWY.

Once the AEA departured from LEMD reported they had impacts on the nose gear with some debris on the runway. So then (First report of runway contamination) is when all departures were stopped and a runway inspection was made founding some metal pieces on the runway.

Far beyond this, the AMX arrived later on, after fuel burning, and during the landing they bursted some tyres (around 6) and no emergency notification even was made.

Why the AEA initially climb and headed to destination is unknown for me, but I believe they thought they were on normal operation.

I do agree ATC in Spain have to improve, in fact we are trying our best but Aena doesnīt help much, neither the AESA (Aviation safety Board) but in this case I think we cannot blame the ATC for this incident.

Letīs see what the AESA has to say, as always it will take more than a year for even a initial safety bulletin, and believe me WE all are jealous because we donīt have a NTSB, BEA, CAA...

Last edited by dav_vader; 17th Apr 2013 at 17:11.