PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF training slots
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2013, 05:01
Keith Myath

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
ODL
As the MOU has provided so inclined QF pilots with opportunities over the last few years, it will provide JQ pilots with such opportunities down the track. I'm guessing a JQ number would get you a 737 FO slot or (if it exists) a 767 residual slot maybe. However, probably in 10 years or so it will get you an A330/787 command if those slots exist.
Talk about a career opportunity or what. Roll up, roll up, what you geezers ‘ave ere is a magnificent opportunity, throw away that command, the circus is in town and your FO slot is ere for the taking. Standby for the stampede of JQ 330 / 320 Captains rushing for a QF 737 FO slot. Joyce is right; you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

On a positive note, we only have to wait another 10 years for a Jetstar pilot to get a command opportunity under the MOU.

I can't for the life of me understand why an eligible JQ pilot (who would already have a command) would want to get rid of the MOU now. It doesn't cost you anything if you've already got your command and it can only provide benefits down the track.

Ineligible JQ pilots are the ones leading you down the garden path on that one.
Well now I’ve heard everything, are you deliberately obtuse? Or does it come naturally? Yep, it’s all about ME, and to hell with my co-workers.

This thread demonstrates so very aptly why the MOU is only ever going to be one way traffic, as P2T2 so succinctly said

The most junior 737 Capt (PER) in the most recent trng allocations had a start date of 1998... Accordingly I'm not sure there'd be too many JQ drivers with that kinda seniority (Impulse?) who'd be interested in taking a command at the bottom of the pile.
I’ll go out on a limb and venture that there will never be an impulse pilot (seniority for the MOU) that would be interested in giving up a very senior Jetstar 330 or 320 command to take a QF command at the bottom of the pile.

So how about you remind all Jetstar pilots why they should keep the MOU when they presently have the opportunity to ditch it.

Secondly, you were stupid enough to sign up for those "****e ts & cs" in the first place. You have no one to blame but yourselves. It is gullible idiots such as you, signing up for them in the first place, that have created the "terminal decline" of professional pilot ts & cs and general standing in this country.
No shortage of QF drivers breaking their necks to sign up to those very same conditions that you abhor. Could I politely suggest a reality check?