PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 17th Apr 2013, 00:48
constipated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone heard back from their referees yet?

If our referees have been contacted by ASA (and our referees give a positive feedback), is it pretty much guaranteed that we have made it through?

Also wondering if anyone who was recently in the academy, or currently in the academy can give their own personal experiences? I've read this entire thread, and I know there has been several posts with people's experiences, but I guess it won't hurt to have more/other perspective.

I am most worried about the passing rate within the academy; where only around 50-70% of students pass. Perhaps I am getting cold-feet; but the thought of quitting my job and moving interstate, and spend 1 year studying only to find out that I 'don't have it in me' is gut-wrenching.

To those that have done the course, and seen people who didn't 'make it' or 'didn't have it in them'; what exactly did they not have? I know we talk about having a natural ability to be an ATC, but can you guys give a more specific trait/skill/ability that they lacked?

Is it:
- their lack of motivation to study/learn the theory
- their ability to remember information; eg. rules, laws, etc
- their lack of calculation/maths skills (not sure if this is important)
- their lack of ability to visualize things spatially/3d
- their ability to think on their feet/ make quick decisions

I guess I would just like to know why some students fail/dropout; other than the generic reasons of 'just didn't have it in them to be an ATC'.