PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2013, 00:18
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future_Pilot_Pal,

Ryanair are starting a big expansion in 2014/2015... they will need a whole bunch of new pilots in the not too distant future.

It's difficult to imagine the US system working in Europe. In the US they have a huge amount of GA opportunities including bush flying, a million air shows and other cool stuff. At least there's opportunities out there for them to build hours. In Europe all this is very limited. It's either instructing or glider towing. The latter typically being next to impossible as gliding clubs don't really want people towing for the sake of building hours. GA opportunities are far and in between.

I love the way all pilots always tell wnnabes the 'best' way of doing it... and it always seems the way THEY did it.

Let me guess, you did an integrated course before finding work? I have spoken to multiple modular guys with low hours who are happily flying jets. I'm not saying modular is better, I'm saying it works just as well, if not better in some cases. I know a few biz jet pilots who got work after going modular recently (and others in the airlines too).

Anyway, lets no hijack this thread. Congrats to those who made it into this year's FPP. Super jealous . And I wish everyone else the best of luck with their persuites. I will see some of you during selection for the next FPP (hopefully!).

Adios!

Last edited by Bearcat F8F; 17th Apr 2013 at 00:24.