PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA/JAA Aviation Medical & related issues
Old 5th Oct 2001, 15:13
Evil...Captain Evil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rossco Hi!

You dont need any advice, or preparation; you'll be fine. If you can walk through the door chances are you'll pass one way or another, however:

I would have thought that if anyone was to slip up it would be on the eye exam or the ECG. Eyes usually cause the problems, but as long as you dont wear glasses then you should be fine. Colour vision is tested as well. Get a good nights sleep the night before and on the day, before you go in, try warming your eyes up by focusing on objects from a distance - I honestly believe that helped me.

The ECG can sometimes spring a nasty suprise, even if you show so much as extra ectopic beats, they will send you for extra testing. This doesnt mean disqualification - the CAA want their backs covered, and they're erring on the side of caution, but chances are you'll be fine either way.

The rest is fairly straight forward, stay away from loud music for a couple of days for the hearing test, try not to eat anything too sugary on the day of the medical and dont delve too far into your medical history when asked!

Its really very painless and wish you the best of luck!

Captain Evil

[ 05 October 2001: Message edited by: Evil...Captain Evil ]