PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2013, 21:10
Future_Pilot_Pal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Gforce - True that is the case now as absolutely no banks are giving out any unsecured loans. It wasn't always the case and might not be in the future (although I doubt it). But everyone seems to really slate these guys who can have that as an option.

Things like the FPP are good step in the right direction and I would hope other airlines would follow suit. But lets been honest I highly doubt they will, having said that flybe paid a contribution towards their MPL Scheme (despite current circumstances) I feel for them.

@Mad jock - Okay I might have jumped the gun in making that statement, but I know a few guys seriously struggling to get any work having gone through the modular route. To be honest I would rather it was like the US over here and there was no quick fix into the RHS, because most pilots would have a serious large amount of hours under their belts having gone modular (please forgive my ignorance if I am wrong about the states).

The reality is if you want a better shot (not the only shot) at getting a job in this industry in this day and age then you will most likely have to go through the integrated route. Although which school you go through would probably play a significant role too.

Things look like they are going to get worse before they get better. Jobs in this part of the world are going to become even more scarce considering the likes of Ryan air have now closed off any recruitment in the near future.

Sorry to discuss something unrelated to the FPP in here.

Last edited by Future_Pilot_Pal; 16th Apr 2013 at 21:14.