PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2013, 09:49
pee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motivated by a sincere desire to help I quite often advise people how to get from A to B using different airlines, rail connections etc., eagerly promoting the travelling. I do not try to avoid Ryanair, I rather tend to encourage the use of their flights, where economically reasonable. It used to be a pleasant hobby, but yesterday I spent almost three hours convincing a group of people to choose Ryanair. They finally decided to take advantage of my advice, but you know what? For the first time I got enough. A couple of hours took telling everybody it's not as shabby airline as their own-inflicted publicity would suggest. Had to explain that there are no standing places, no WC fees, no mounting unpredicted taxes and fees, yet getting them believe has been very tough. I cannot rule out that people in Finland take more seriously than others some typical publicity stunts produced by MOL's team, but I do notice the change of attitudes over the years to the detriment of FR. Even if true that "no publicity is bad publicity", it's pretty hard to convert the accumulated bad publicity into good - and that's what I can observe nowadays.

Need a break now.