PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 19th Feb 2003, 12:07
activewaypoint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Quite a thread this one!! Started as a request for info on the Netjets interview and its back to the pros and cons of NJE!! Its certainly stirring up a lot of feeling and I suppose might be important.
WS : I realise that the concept of american and culture are mutually exclusive so perhaps I shouldn't have written that. But nasty it certainly is!
I don't accept that NJE is fair competition. They cannot make a profit operating the way they do - how much is Warren Buffet losing a month? When he pulls the plug, I wonder how the local markets will take up the flotsam.
I'll bet the flying isn't boring - being bounced off the runway at Aberdeen has to be fun!
What you've got is an american billionaire pumping cash into a loss making enterprise, operating under a flag of convenience, buying aircraft at discount prices. I guess thats where any potential profit will come from - when it folds and the aircraft are sold.